Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Crescent Moonset


This crescent moon sets behind downtown Honolulu, and the Wai‘anae Mountain Range early one morning. I had to get up early for a video shoot, and caught this shot from my lanai before leaving home. You can also see the rest of the moon in the shadow.

The construction crane in the lower center is for the Capitol Place condo project that's being built over the former municipal parking lot on the corner of Pali Highway and Beretania Street. One of the selling points about the apartment I have was the view of the airport. Capitol Place will now block my view of HNL, which can be seen where the crane stands. I guess that's what they call progress.

2 comments:

Lori said...

You certainly have a beautiful view from your lanai. I'm jealous! I hope it doesn't change much with the construction. This is a great shot!

Kekiinani said...

Awesome moon shot!! :)