Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Dachshund


Okay, when it comes to dogs, I'm extremely partial to Dachshunds. I grew up with a total of four of these long-bodied hounds. They are a loyal, smart, funny, loving, and persistent breed, that packs the bark of a big dog into their small frame. The last doxie I had, Pepper, died around 20 years ago. Has it been that long??? Yep, you guessed it, I'm a sucker for a doxie ... if I had the opportunity, money (they ain't cheap), and time, I'd own one.

I got this photo of this Dachshund pup at Magic Island on the day I got baptized. After the service was completed, I walked around the park taking photos, and came across this chocolate and tan pup who sat with her master, whon was gracious enough to let get a few photos of her pup.

One of these days ... I'll get another Dachshund ...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww. So cute!!

-Erica

Lori said...

What a cute dog! Dachsunds definitely are adorable, especially when they are puppies!

isa said...

There are dachshund rescue organizations and local animal shelters that have pets for adoption...Why not give a cute dachshund another chance on life?

Kekiinani said...

Sooo cute.. This would be my choice if I had a doggy... but oh well I have a bunny instead!! :) :)

JAM said...

I like them too, some of my cousins always had one or two. They were cool. One got so fat that when it tried to rear up on it's hind legs to beg for something, it would literally sit upright on it's fat rump.

We have a house full of miniature poodles.

A lady I work with has her cubile plastered with photos of her long haired dachshund. It's her only child.