Thursday, August 2, 2007

Another View Of Leahi


Another view of Diamond Head (Leahi), this time from the top of Maunalani Heights through some trees. I saw the way the trees framed Leahi, and had to stop to get a photo of it. The Kaimuki district of Honolulu lines up at the foot of Leahi.

I took this photo before visiting my grandmother, who is recovering from a fall, at the Maunalani Nursing And Rehabilitation Center. The nursing center sits on land that once was the Castle Estate. My grandmother was also instrumental in the founding of the nursing center many years ago. Maunalani offers another great unobstructed view of Leahi (I might post later), as well as the rest of metro Honolulu and Waikiki.

4 comments:

Lori said...

That's a spectacular shot and beautifully framed by the trees! Best wishes to your grandmother. I hope she has a speedy recovery.

GMG said...

Wow! What a great shot. I don't remember having seen Diamond Head from this viewpoint; it's stunning!

Chad Oneil Myers said...

I like the framing.

Thanks for sharing that cool story about the album that used "the Surfer".

Terra Photography said...

Wow - this is a very nice shot. The framing using the trees really added a great touch!