Friday, August 31, 2007

N95SW


This photo of a Linus Airways (Indonesia) Boeing 737-2H4/Adv launched my "career" as a professional photographer. It was the first photo that airliner magazines paid me for. It was published in two magazines here in the US, one in the UK, Germany, Portugal, and Brazil. Since then, I have had several articles and a few dozen photos published worldwide.

This 737 was on its way from Miami, FL to Jakarta, Indonesia, after leaving a 20+ year stint with Southwest Airlines. N95SW was the final 737-200 series that was retired from the Southwest fleet, which included a final flight over Dallas, TX; it's also the first aircraft in the Linus Airways fleet. An airliner enthusiast in Miami notified me of this jet's planned stop (and of its color scheme) at HNL (from Oakland) during its delivery trip. I got this photo while the flight crew rested in Waikiki, before continuing onto Majuro (Marshall Islands), then Indonesia.

I wonder if the ground handling company broke out the green safety cones just for this aircraft ... as a joke?

4 comments:

Lori said...

I love the color. All planes should be cool colors like that. It's great that your photos have been published around the world!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha. such a strange color scheme. I think I like the flourescent cones better =P

-Erica

Sunkyoung said...

The colour is so fresh. Good to hear the starting point of your profession.

Debra Trean said...

Very cool I love the color of the airplane. Very exciting Congrats! Thank you for stopping in at my page.