Monday, September 10, 2007

Crazy Bitch


You all must be thinking ... what kind of title is that? Well, a female dog is termed a bitch in dog breeder-speak, so it's not entirely a bad word ... for a female canine.

I caught Lola, a three-year-old female Labrador Retriever taking a dip in one of the ponds at Blaisdell Center, during the Hawai‘i Kennel Club's 2007 Fall Dog Show. It was quite amusing to hear Lola's owner call her a "crazy bitch", when she decided to take a second dip. So I guess the term was appropriate.

One of the shots I have always wanted to get, was a dog shaking the water off of its fur after a bath or swim, and freezing the water droplets in mid-air. Well, I got one ...

4 comments:

Lori said...

I was shocked when I read your title! That got our attention! Ha ha! Those labs are such nice dogs. I wish I had one. Your Sunday photo was just spectacular.

Sunkyoung said...

You picked up a great title. And also captured THE right moment. Well done! Thank you so much for your birthday greeting for me.

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha. So that's the one you were talking about. Cool =P

-Erica

Terra Photography said...

LOL. I was at that dog show also (showing my Scottie pup) and I saw a couple of dogs take a swim in the pond there. Boy were they having fun too!