Sunday, May 4, 2008

Cool Colours


This month's theme week is vertically framed photos, or as I call them "Verts". Why? Why not ... :-P

Today's photo is from the Kahala Hotel & Resort's orchid wall. For as long as I have gone to this hotel ... from the Kahala Hilton days in the early 70s, through the Kahala Mandarin Hotel days, to the recent name & ownership change, there has always been a rock wall with many types of orchids on them. The rock wall is next to the staircase that leads from the lobby to the lower lobby. I got this photo while making my way to videotape a wedding at the hotel, and had my trusty L3 point-and-shoot with me to get some orchid shots.

Back in the day, the Maile Room was one of the most upscale restaurants on O‘ahu, and the food was awesome. We used to go to the Sunday dinner buffet every so often, for family dinners, all dressed up. It's too bad the Maile Room was converted into a ballroom ... but the food's still quite good.

No comments: