Friday, July 11, 2008

Seahawks


Seattle Seahawks quarterback Matt Hasselbeck's helmet sits on a table on the NFC team sidelines, while he awaits his turn to get in the 2008 NFL Pro Bowl. The lime green dot along the centerline is to signify that the helmet contains communications equipment so that the plays can be relayed to the quarterback from the bench by radio.

Back in the day ... the Seahawks used to be my favorite NFL team, in the Jim Zorn / Steve Largent days. So I thought I could not pass up the opprtunity to get a shot of this helmet. Though I really don't follow the NFL (much less the Seahawks), I do enjoy working the Pro Bowl.

3 comments:

Lori said...

I didn't know they radioed in the plays to the quarterback. That shows how much I know about the NFL! Though I used to follow the Steelers in the old days.

photowannabe said...

Interesting fact about identifying the communications helmet. Luck you to get to photograph it.
Don't follow foodtball much anymore, but going to a special game like that could make me more of a fan.

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Very cool image.

Thank you for your recent comments about my Engagement, I appreciated that.