Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hail To The Chief!


Hawai‘i-born Barack Obama will be sworn in today as the United States' 44th President, and the first of African-American ancestry. The 1979 graduate from Punahou School will be honored by his alma mater's marching band. Many Hawai‘i residents have made the trip to Washington, DC to see the ceremony and attend the Hawaiian inaugural ball.

Today's photo was from the Obama summer vacation / campaign stop in Hawai‘i this past August. North American Airlines had this Boeing 757-200 specailly painted for Obama's presidential campaign. On a whim, I had shown up at HNL's south side to see if I could get a photo of the 757 (more than the candidate). Fortunately, the term "who-you-know" paid off, as I asked one of my contacts at HNL if I could shoot photos alongside local TV news videographers, to which I got permission.

1 comment:

Lori said...

How cool that you got this shot! Hawaii must be very proud of Barack Obama.