Friday, August 14, 2009

Rainbow Arrival


This Hainan Airlines Boeing 737-800 received a rainbow welcome as it taxied to its parking stand. This 737 was scheduled to arrive from Boeing Field around 1pm, but the flight was delayed, and it arrived after 5pm.

I just wanted to get a shot of this bird for my HNL RareBirds blog, but when I got to HNL, there was no plane. The ground crew, stairs, and the "Follow Me" truck were awaiting its arrival when I got there. I thought, at the very least I'd get shots of B-5480 taxiing to the ramp. I did see the rainbow, and hoped it would not dissipate ... thank God it held, and I got this shot.

2 comments:

Lori said...

That's a beautiful rainbow. When I visited Hawaii there was a rainbow when I got off the plane. You must see a lot of them there!

Terra Photography said...

What great timing for the rainbow - congrats on getting the shot you wanted!