Friday, May 14, 2010

Touch & Go


A Hawaii Air National Guard Boeing C-17A "Globemaster III" on short finals for MCAF Kāne‘ohe Bay's Runway 4, as seen from He‘eia Kea Boat Harbor. This C-17 was performing touch & go landings at "K-Bay", in which the wheels touch ground, then the plane will power up and take-off. Because HNL is a busy airport, the military will use outlying bases to practice their landings.

I was shooting a wedding not far from the boat harbor, and saw the C-17 making a few approaches in the distance, over Kāne‘ohe Bay. After the my video shoot was done, I went down to He‘eia Kea to see what kind of angle I could get. The big grey cargo jet made a sweeping left turn near the shoreline to line up with the runway. I stayed for a couple of cycles to get shots of the C-17.

Also, May is Armed Forces Month. Thank you to all of our service personnel, and especially those in harm's way!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cool! Those are pretty neat to experience! i actually got to watch a few on base when i went to visit my sister a few years ago!

alexis nicole said...

This is an awesome picture! My Dad is a pilot for the Military and I love Air Craft. I love the coloring of the water.