Friday, April 22, 2011

Bearing The Cross

"And if you do not carry your own cross and follow me, you cannot be my disciple." Luke 14:27

A group from Hope Chapel Kahuku did a "Perimeter Walk" around the island of O‘ahu with one of its members bearing a Cross. Members from other Hope Chapels joined in on the walk as well. I came across this group as I was driving to the New Hope Leeward office, as they were walking down Farrington Highway. I caught up with this group two miles from where I saw them to get this photo. They said that they began that day's journey in Wai‘anae, and were planning to walk to downtown. They attached a skateboard truck to the bottom of the cross to alleviate the some of the weight.

After I took the photos, I thought this had to be my Good Friday photo!

No comments: