Thursday, August 30, 2007

Frets & Strings


The rosewood fretboard of my Kramer guitar neck. I had this guitar custom-built in 1990, with the Kramer neck, a maple-top body by Warmoth Guitars, vintage-wound pickups by Jackson Guitars, and an original Floyd Rose tremolo bridge. Of all the guitar necks tried, this Kramer felt the most comfortable. Not that I'm any good, I'm not ... I don't play that often ... but I wanted a guitar that would last, instead of the cheap one I bought in the mid-80s.

Sadly, Kramer went out of business a few years later. Gibson brought the brand back, but I don't know if they are using the same specs as they did with the original.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh. I really need to learn how to play guitar. My ex could play pretty well. I was always so jealous. =( It's very pretty by the way =)

-Erica

Kimberley said...

Great perspective in this shot!

Lori said...

It sounds like a wonderful guitar. I really like your photo, especially when you enlarge it. You can see all the little marks in the wood.

Unknown said...

am sure you must be playing really good guitar...n thts why you are keen about it..:)
I like the way you shot this snap, it has got fantastic DOF..!

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Nice Guitar shot.

Sunkyoung said...

Would like to hear its old good sound.