Monday, January 12, 2009

Paparazzi


This New Year's season, I was again part of the Japanese TV news corps waiting to interview Japanese celebrities as they exited Foreign Arrivals at Honolulu International Airport. After a season hiatus, I was back in the trenches, working with renowned celebrity reporter Masaru Nashimoto. Normally, I have a BetaCam videocamera, but this time I was assigned this Sony PD-150 DVCam camera (above). The good thing was the camera is light, and extermely light (5 lbs).

It's a semi-paparazzi assignment, but controlled, as the reporters asked if the celebs would take a few minutes to be interviewed. The only celebs I knew of by name were orchestra conductor Seiji Ozawa, and singer Ayumi Hamasaki (a couple friends like her music). There were a couple others which I've seen on Japanese TV before, but don't know their names.

1 comment:

Lori said...

That camera looks heavier than 5 lbs! You always get interesting photographic assignments.