Tuesday, February 17, 2009

2009 Great Aloha Run


One of the largest non-football events is the Great Aloha Run. It's an annual 8.15-mile fun run and charitable event that begins at Aloha Tower and ends in the north end zone of Aloha Stadium. The 2009 edition was also the 25th time this race was run, which fielded over 20,000 participants.

In the previous four fun runs, I had been on the field shooting the hand held video camera, but this season I was asked if I wanted to direct the cameras. I felt was up to the task, though a bit nervous. Thanks to a bunch of great videographers I work with, they did a great job, and it made my job a whole lot easier.

Today's photo is of the the three cameras (on the top row), and the preview monitor (bottom left), and the program monitor (bottom right); which was being shown on the JumboTron. The panel with the many buttons at the bottom of the frame, is my video switcher.

3 comments:

Terra Photography said...

wowsers - that a lot of cameras to keep track of!

Lori said...

That's so cool to see what happened behind the scenes. It sounds like you had a big job that day. I'm sure it went very well!

Kekiinani said...

Oh my gosh!! That is amazing. I would be lost... :) :)