Monday, May 4, 2009

Hali‘imaile General Store


In the town of Makawao, is the restaurant called the Hali‘imaile General Store. It's owned by Beverly Gannon, who is one of 12 chefs credited with creating the Hawai‘i Regional Cuisine (a.k.a. Pacific RIm or Fusion - combining Asian and European cuisines). Kathy & I stopped here for lunch on day one of our Maui honeymoon ... and the food ... oh my gosh! It was so good! It was once a real general store, but now a full-scale restaurant and catering service.

When on Maui, you gotta try this restaurant! Great tasting food, large portions & reasonable prices! It's worth the drive!

2 comments:

Lori said...

I wish I knew of it was I was on Maui last year! Oh well, next time! It sounds like a wonderful place.

Anonymous said...

One word...YUMMY!!!! :) Let's go again!:)