Saturday, June 6, 2009

Station 29 Re-opened!


After almost two years of construction, the Honolulu Fire Department's new Station 29 is opened! The McCully-Mō‘ili‘ili Fire Station was totally re-built from the ground up to this modern facility, that began in July 2007, and recently re-opened on June 1st. Not only did they get a new firehouse, they got a new fire engine (above)! Thanks Nick for the info!

I was running errands in the neighborhood yesterday, and noticed that Station 29 was up and running, so I took a detour to document it. In the process, Ladder 29 received a call out as I parked my car. I got a few shots before Engine 29 received their call out, seen above. Both trucks bolted up University Avenue, followed by two police cars and an ambulance.

1 comment:

naugusta said...

Nice shot. Was Engine 29 going out on a call? Here is a photo of Station 29 about a week before the station re-opened.
http://twitpic.com/6ctsy/full