Friday, July 3, 2009

Carry Shot


One of the most popular poses for Japanese tourist wedding is the carry shot. Of the 5,000 Japanese weddings I have videotaped over the past 20 years, there have been some funny ones: a bride was dropped when he lost his grip, several brides were strong enough to carry their grooms, one groom lost his footing and his bride fell on top of him, and a few grooms walked a bit while carrying their brides occasionally spinning her around. Amazingly, I don't really see this pose at local wedding photo shoots.

This couple had a late afternoon wedding on the day I went to Kaka‘ako Park to shoot the surfing pix (there's more to come). The photographer brought the couple out to the park from a nearby wedding chapel to get shots of the lucky couple with the surf in the background. I was several yards away when I turned from the surfing photos to get this shot.

1 comment:

Mrs. Kathy said...

I want to see the one with the bride carrying the groom!! lol :-)