Monday, April 21, 2008

Waiting For The Finishers


I was patiently waiting for the first finishers of the 2008 Great Aloha Run when I got this shot of our hand-held camera at the mouth of Aloha Stadium's north tunnel, which was several yards from the finish line.

The black granules on the ground are from Aloha Stadium's Field Turf® playing surface. The granules are designed to simulate dirt, and to hold down the millions of "grass" fibers.

After every event I work on the field, I have to empty the granules out of my hiking boots, which usually contain a couple of dozen between my shoes and socks. The one thing I love about Field Turf is that it's quite soft to run on, unlike the previous artificial turf that Aloha Stadium has.

1 comment:

Lori said...

I like the perspective you chose here. Very interesting shot! I'm glad you explained the granules on the ground because we would have been wondering.